Brighten up gloomy Winter nights with this hearty but healthy vege soup.
What you need
- 30ml olive oil
- 1kg carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp each ground coriander and cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- Sprinkle of chopped coriander to serve
Here's how it's done
- Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add carrots, onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper flakes and sauté until they begin to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in stock and simmer until carrots are tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Blend soup to a puree and serve in bowls with a dollop of tahini and chopped coriander.